Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Three masted sailing ship

Share it Please
3D model of a dump truck of the East India Company in the 19th century. The finished model is about 80 x 50 x 20 cm (L x H x W) wide and consists of 42 parts.
The model for this I got from make cnc (as a thank you, as I have pointed out an error in the plan of the car).
The parts are cut quickly, the assembly places a little tricky. But the hardest part was certainly the integration of sailing (especially if you do it alone).


INSTRUCTIONS
Required material
Pcs. Description Material Dimensions
2 plywood birch, 4 mm A2
1 tear-resistant string as needed


1 preliminary Work


The original was a pdf file with two size variants of the model. Once a 1/4 inch (6 mm so good) and once at 3 mm. But since I had only 4 mm thick plywood available, I had to adjust slightly the template.
In addition I have imported the file in Corel Draw and there a single object increased until the slot was exactly 4 mm wide (Fig 1). The need to magnification I have applied to all other objects. Here they were also seated right space as possible on A4 pages.
Some parts are quite large and have to be broken.
After printing I have all the parts cut out the 2-occur repeatedly and (nailed together two plates) on a stack glued.

2 Saws








To warm up times with a small stack started. When cutting, I was very careful always ganau to saw on the outside line. Thus, the insertion slots are slightly narrower than 4 mm and the parts hold together!
Following the instructions I sawed after the poles and the center piece of the pedestal. The frame was equal to even put together - fits.
The ribs and the keel was our turn Again, check the same even if it fits.
The body parts are quite long and the template to each case consists of two parts. These are precisely assembled and then glued to the plywood. Since these parts are required in each case twice I again cut the stack.
Thus the hull grew slowly. This was followed by the parts of the superstructure and the outer parts of the railing. That was quite a delicate matter

3 Hulls








Firstly grind all parts. Especially when the rail extremely delicate was slightly wavy, I decided to glue the parts.
First of all the sub-frame. Then the hull with the superstructure , the rear tab and the anchor. Although I einleimte a 6 mm round timber and fit gleamed. The anchor itself also received a drop of glue and after that was for the first day closing. The glue had time to bond.
After the clamps were removed, the ship was to sail to the finish.

4 Hoist the sails








The sails and saw out on the marked points with a 3 mm drill holes put.
Are all sails cut, the surfaces and then the edge are ground.
Contrary to the instructions I sat in the yards and gaffs bore holes , before I put them in the appropriate places on the mast.
Next up was the hardest and most time-consuming part, the integration of the sail.

5 Done





On the side laces - as the instructions - I have omitted. I like the ship better.
The pictures show a couple of views of the final clipper.
Have fun replica!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

About